If you would like to have your baby baptised, then it is a Parish requirement that you first complete a preparation course. Please ensure that you are also registered with the Parish.
Please note: if you intend to have your baby baptised outside of the parish, then you must first seek
Fr Austin’s permission and obtain a letter of permission from Fr Austin for the priest who will be conducting the baptism.
Equally, if you live outside the Parish and wish to have your baby baptised in Andover, you will need a letter of permission from your Parish Priest at home.
Application forms for Baptism can also be found in the Church porch or as a pdf below.
The next Parish Baptism Course will be on Tuesday 12th and Tuesday 19th June from 7.30pm to 8.30pm either in the Parish House or in the Parish Hall, depending on numbers.
Course registration form below or from the Church Porch.
To be admitted to undertake the office of Godparent a person must:
- Be not less than sixteen years of age.
- Be a Catholic, who has received the Blessed Eucharist, has been confirmed, and who lives a life of faith which befits the role to be undertaken. The minimum requirement is one Catholic Godparent.
- Any other person asked to act as a Godparent should be a believing, baptized Christian, ‘they may participate in Catholic Rites of baptism but obviously they cannot offer the guarantees required of the true godparent so they are called "witnesses". Those guarantees involve a commitment to foster the faith received by the child from the Church at baptism and to assist in fulfilling those duties that are implicit in the new baptismal dignity of the child, i.e. attend church’ (cann. 872-874).
- Any non-Catholic person will be entered onto the Baptismal Certificate as 'witness' provided that they have been baptised/christened into a Christian Faith.
- Unbaptised people cannot act as Godparents or Witnesses.
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION 2018
The children’s meetings will be held in the Parish Hall, next to the church, once a month from 4.00pm – 5.00pm on the first Tuesday and the first Wednesday of the month between October and June. Please remember that the sessions are only once a month during the programme and should be given priority over other activities.
Below is the full porgramme for 2017 - 2018
If you are planning to get married in the coming year then you must contact the Parish Office - attendance on a Marriage Preparation Course is a requirement - please contact the Parish Office for further information.This also applies if you are resident in the parish but are planning to get married in another parish. In order to complete paperwork, a minimum of six months notice of a forthcoming marriage is requested.